Everyone in and out of the network marketing profession has horror stories of talking to their friends and family. But done right it is one of the very best strategies. And here is why:
6 Reasons Why You Should Share Your Network Marketing Business With Your Friends And Family
- It will improve their lives. The products you promote make a positive impact in people’s lives. And you want to make sure they know that. Hopefully you can have a story about how by using the products you have changed your life for the better. And you want to share it with others you care about.This is true for both the products you promote as well as the business opportunity.If you cannot honestly make this statement, you are with the wrong company. How can you sell something you don’t believe in?
- Practice. By talking with friends and family it will give you practice. Especially at first. You need to talk to a lot of people to be successful in this profession. And there is no better way than to start making your presentation to a sympathetic audience. Learn in the least stressful situation.Now it only makes sense that you cannot overdo this. Don’t badger people at every opportunity. But make sure they have had the chance to see what you are up to.
- Get used to people saying “no”. To be successful as a network marketing pro you will be hearing the word “no” a lot. And I mean a lot. The simple trick here is to not take it personally. Remember they are not rejecting you (a very common feeling) but saying no to the product or opportunity at that time.These people already like you, right? So you know they are still going to like you even if the answer is “no”. Get it? Reinforced that concept that it is not a personal rejection.
- It will tell you something about your friends. Do you share the same outlook on life as your friends? Are they an unnecessary negative influence on you? Do they add to your life? Tough questions. But they need to be answered honestly.If the answer is no, then maybe it is time to move along to other friends. Ones that are a positive influence on you and your crowd. It will make a tremendous difference in your live.Of course you are sort of stuck with your family. But you can also decide who in your family you want to spend time with the most.
- Teaches you follow up. Following up is the key to success. The rule is to talk to at least two people a day – and then follow up. With friends and family you will have many opportunities to do just that. You will be seeing them again and again.Now again you don’t want to badger them every time you see them. But unlike with those in your cold market you don’t have to make a special effort to create that additional contact situation.
- They join you. One of the beauties of the network marketing profession is that you get to surround yourself with people that you want to be around. How amazing is that? And what if some of the people that join you on your journey are already your friends. Or members of your family. Think of how great that could be. You get to spend even more time with them doing the things you want to be doing.
You need to be talking to friends and family. If you do not feel comfortable, then you should honestly think about the business you are promoting. And don’t be afraid to switch it up.